4129 Computer Application & IT (1)
This an introductory course in the use of computers, keyboarding skills, computer literacy and the use of computer applications software, such as word processing and spreadsheet are emphasized
- 1. Use of computers Keyboarding skills, computer literacy
- 2. Identify and discuss the four main functions of computer hardware: input, processing, output, and storage.
- 3. Identify and describe major hardware components.
- 4. Identify, describe and use communications and networking terminology and technology to includeØ Internet operations and its uses.
- 5. Describe the major operating system functions and demonstrate usage of operating system servicesØ to include: disk management, file management, and memory management.
- 6. Identify and discuss computer ethics and security issues.
- 7. Identify, discuss and use important categories of application software: word processing, spreadsheet, database management, and presentation graphics
Books for this Course
- Introduction to Computer Applications and Concepts,2008 by David Beskeen
- September 2014
- January 2015
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...