4120 Principles of Statistics
the objective of the course is to study basic concepts and importance of statistics, sources and methods of data collection tabular and graphical presentation data; descriptive statistics; measures of location; dispersion. Introduction to probability and probability distributions; statistical estimation (confidence intervals). [Mean, medium, mode, mean deviation. Standard deviation, variance, quartiles, decides, percentiles].
- Understand the relationship between statistics and the scientific method and how it applies to economics, business, and the social sciences.
- Read and understand the statistics presented in professional literature.
- Calculate and communicate statistical information to others.
Books for this Course
- P. S. Mann, Introductory Statistics, John Wiley & Sons, 5th edition, 2003
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...