41125 Human Resource Planning
This course examines the impact of corporate and business strategy on human resources management. It stresses the importance of aligning human resources management policies and practices with organizational strategy. Strategic human resources planning model is introduced and includes the following elements: organizational strategy, HRM strategy, environmental influences on HRM, job analysis, HR management systems, forecasting supply and demand. Various corporate strategies in today’s workplaces are examined in conjunction with their significant affect on human resources planning.
- The primary objective of this course is to provide an understanding of the essential elements of human resource planning (HRP) process in organizations. Students acquire knowledge in analyzing, assessing and programming for human resource requirements of organizational business plans and strategies. Quantitative as well as qualitative concepts, approaches and techniques are emphasized.
Books for this Course
- Belcourt, M. and K. McBey: Strategic Human Resource Planning, Thompson Nelson, Fourth Edition, 2007.
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...