41124 Somali Economy
This course aims to provide students with deep study on the character and the nature of Somali economy and its chance to be developed, besides obstacles and problems. Its covers project planning by the government, its development and the role of the government to provide guidelines on investment, industrial, agriculture and the welfare sectors to make local production, the problem of foreign debt and the policy of the government.
- Understand the basics and the characteristics of Somali economy
- Recognize different constrains that Somali economic sectors are facing.
- Recognize opportunities of Somali economic development and projects which is suitable to enhance Somali economy.
- Deeply understand the role of government by providing guidelines on investment, industrial, and agriculture sector.
Books for this Course
- Conflict prevention and reconstruction paper no 38 " Remittances and Economic Development in Somlia Edited by Samuel Munzele Maimbo (2006)
- An Economic Policy Agenda for Post-civil war Somalia By Jamil A Mubarak (2006)
- Notes collected from different Articles related to Somali Economy
- September 2015
- January 2016