41112 Economic Geography
This course introduces and examines key concepts and approaches in economic geography and their contribution to the understanding of the contemporary globalizing world. It highlights the importance of economic geography in the contemporary world, relates economic geography approaches to key social and economic issues in the context of economic globalisation and introduces major policy dilemmas
- To highlight the importance of economic geography in analysing contemporary societies and economies.
- To provide a comprehensive introduction to basic concepts and key theoretical approaches in economic geography.
- To introduce economic geography as a dynamic, diverse and contested body of knowledge.
- To enable students to apply this knowledge to key social and economic issues in the context of economic globalisation.
- To encourage students to think about policy options for overcoming inequality and uneven development in the globalising world
Books for this Course
- Principles and Applications of Economic Geography By Dean M. Hanink (1997)
- Economic Geography By James O. Wheeler, Peter O. Muller 3rd Edition (1998)
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...