41111 Agricultural Economy
This course is designed to provide students with knowledge in the following areas. The scope of Agricultural Economics; Concepts of Agricultural Economics; Demand and Supply, Equilibrium price and quantity. Basic economic Principles applied in agricultural production and marketing. Application of concepts of economics in agricultural production and marketing. Efficient organization of scarce resources and factors of agricultural production and cyclical theory in agricultural production and marketing.
- To develop the knowledge and understanding of basic principles and practice of Economics as required in Agricultural Economics.
- To design policies that governments can adopt to curb agricultural products pricing fluctuation.
- To enable student to design agricultural product marketing strategies
Books for this Course
- Introduction to Agricultural Economics: By John Penson, Oral Capps, C. Rosson, Richard Woodward 5th Edition (2013)
- Agricultural Economics By H. Evan Drummond Ph.D. and John W. Goodwin 3rd Edition (2013)
- September 2015
- January 2016