25152 Human Anatomy & physiology (2)
This course provides a comprehensive study of the anatomy and physiology of the human body. Topics include body organization; homeostasis; cytology; histology; and the integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous systems and special senses. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of principles of anatomy and physiology and their interrelationships. Laboratory work includes dissection of preserved specimens, microscopic study, physiologic experiments, computer simulations, and multimedia presentations.
- Upon completion of this course, the student will demonstrate basic knowledge in the following:
- 1. General body organization and anatomical terminology.
- 2. Integumentary system.
- 3. Anatomical and physiological characteristics of the skeletal system.
- 4. Anatomy and physiology of muscle and muscle contraction.
- 5. Anatomy and physiology of the central and peripheral nervous systems. 6. Functions of the autonomic nervous system. 7. Reflexes and central motor mechanisms. 8. Anatomy and physiology of sensory processes.
Books for this Course
- 1. Essentials of Anatomy&Physiology, Seele,Stephens and Tape, 2nd edition
- 2. Understanding Human Anatomy&Physiology, Sylvia S.Mader,5th edition
- 3. Principles of Anatomy&Physiology, Gerand J.Tortora amd Bryan Derrickson,13th edition
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...