25151 Senior Project / Dissertation
This course is basically an individual study or research project supervised by the staff of the department. At the beginning of his/her senior year, a student is advised to propose a topic for his/her senior thesis. The student is then required to prepare and submit duplicate copies of the completed paper in order to graduate. A senior thesis is approximately 5000 words in length and at least 50 pages.
- 1. Students will demonstrate a writing style appropriate for communicating scientific results to a diverse audience.
- 2. Students will integrate math, physical sciences and technology to answer biological questions using the scientific method.
- 3. Students will demonstrate proficiency of lab and field techniques in their area of specialization.
- 4. Students will master and retain fundamental concepts in biology (atom to ecosystem).
- 5. Students will demonstrate the skill to assess and analyze data with objectivity.
- 6. Students will demonstrate proficiency in searching, reading and evaluating the scientific literature.