25141 Community Health
This course is designed to introduce students to the role and function of interdisciplinary health teams. Emphasis will be placed on access and barriers to health services, team collaboration, community interventions, and health promotion and disease prevention. The goals of this course are addressed over emphasize to the community healthy. These courses will be studies are healthcare system; health ethics and policy, community action in public health, water sanitation and hygiene of global health, human waste management, outbreak of epidemics and pandemic will be investigated.
- Upon completion of the health community course, students will be able to:
- 1. Assess individual and community needs for health education.
- 2. Plan effective health education programs.
- 3. Implement health education programs.
- 4. Evaluate the effectiveness of coordinated school health program.
- 5. Coordinate provision of health community programs and services. 6. Act as a resource person in health education. 7. Communicate and advocate for health and health community needs, concerns, and resources.
Books for this Course
- Community Health for Current Practice and Possible, An Roinn Sláinte