25140 Teaching Methods of Biology
This course is intended to prepare future secondary school Biology teachers. Teacher effectiveness will be stressed. Updating and investigating current methodologies is included, facilities and techniques, drawing and coloring system and evaluation of student teacher and presentation
- On successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- 1. Teacher-focused outcomes do not require student learning to be achieved. They only indicate that something has been taught. Teacher-focused experiences may require students to think logically but usually don't require them to think critically.
- 2. Student-centered outcomes reflect the learning that takes place in relation to the teaching performed. Outcomes are usually the synthesis of several objectives and often involve higher levels of thinking or broader mastery than objectives.
- 3. To understand the lowest level of cognitive development to the highest are: a. Remembering: Using memory to produce definitions, facts or lists or to recite/retrieve information. b. Understanding: Constructing meaning such as interpreting, exemplifying, classifying, summarizing, inferring, comparing, and explaining. c. Applying: Learned material is used through products such as models, presentations, interviews or simulations. d. Analyzing: Breaking material or concepts into parts, determining how the parts relate or interrelate to one another or to an overall structure or purpose. e. Evaluating: Making judgments based on criteria and standards through checking and critiquing. f. Creating: Putting elements together to form a coherent or functional whole.
- 4. Understanding how to draw pictures in different types.
Books for this Course
- 1. methods in Molecular Biology ,Walker, John M
- 2. Teaching Biology,A.Nelson
- 3. Genome Biology, Span R.stick
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...