25133 Plant Physiology
This course is a study of introduction to plant physiology, photosynthesis and respiration, water relations in plants, Plant nutrition, plant growth and development, and the endogenous plant growth hormone.
- Identify the essential elements, rank their relative abundance in plant tissues, and describe their general roles in plant function.
- Identify the ionic forms in which essential macro-elements are typically available in the soil.
- Explain the mechanisms by which inorganic ions are absorbed by the root and transported throughout the plant.
- Explain the inextricable link between energy gain and water loss in land plants.
- Describe the pathway, driving force and resistances involved in water movement, from soil to atmosphere, through plants.
- Outline the mechanism by which sugars and other metabolites/solutes are translocated throughout the plant.
- Explain the importance of plant hormones in plant responses to surroundings.
Books for this Course
- Plant Physiology, Robert E.Blankenship
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...