25131 Plant Anatomy
This course includes a detailed study of the structures of developing and mature seed plants.
Topics discussed include the internal organization of the plant body (types of cells and tissues), the embryo and development of the adult plant from the embryo, the primary and secondary state of growth, adventitious roots and other structural types of roots and stems, histology, development and variations of the leaf, the flower, the fruit, the seed.
- By successful completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Understand the hierarchy of plant structure by learning the basic features of plant cells, tissues and organs.
- Interpret the basic pattern of plant growth from different kinds of meristems.
- Understand the relationships between primary growth & secondary growth.
- Appreciate the complexity of seed plant life cycle.
- Discuss the structure of the parts that are involved in the various stages of reproduction.
Books for this Course
- Plant Anatomy, A.Farhn
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...