25130 Human Anatomy & physiology (1)
This course is an integrated study of the relationship between the structure and function of the human body. The first half of this yearlong course is focused on the chemical foundations of life, the anatomy and physiology of the cell and the anatomy and physiology of the systems such as digestive, reproductive, muscular, nervous, excretory and so on. Some practical applications are presented, which have particular relevance to students preparing for the health care professions.
- A successful completion of this course, students should be able to
- 1. List the organelles in a typical animal cell and describe the function of each.
- 2. Describe the cellular organelles contribution to homeostasis.
- 3. Describe in detail the processes involved in cellular metabolism.
- 4. List typical tissue types found in the human body and describe the structure and function of each.
- 5. Identify the human digestive system.
- 6. Describe the physiological processes of the skeletal system.
Books for this Course
- 1. Essentials of Anatomy&Physiology, Seele,Stephens and Tape, 2nd edition
- 2. Understanding Human Anatomy&Physiology, Sylvia S.Mader,5th edition
- 3. Principles of Anatomy&Physiology, Gerand J.Tortora amd Bryan Derrickson,13th edition
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...