2504 Calculus (2)
Topics include: The definite integral ( Area, definition of definite integral, mean value theorem for definite integrals and change of variables, numerical integration), applications of different integral(area, solid of revolution, volume used cylindrical shells, volume by slicing, work, force exerted by a liquid, arc length and other applications), exponential and logarithmic functions(natural logarithmic function, the exponential function, differential and integration of general exponential and logarithmic functions, laws of growth and decay, derivatives of of inverse function).
- At the end of this course, students should be able to
- 1. Understand the concept of Integration( indefinite integral and definite integral)
- 2. Understand Mean value theorem of definite integral, change of variables and numerical integrals
- 3. Use Applications of integration (Area, solid of revolution and volume used cylindrical shells, work force exerted by a liquid and arc length)
- 4. Understand differentiation and integration of general exponential and logarithmic functions.
- 5. Understand laws of growth and decay and derivatives of inverse function.
Books for this Course
- Culculus with Analytic Geometry(Alternative Edition), Earl W.Swokowski