2501 General Physics
This course is intended for students not concentrating in Physics, Mathematics or Chemistry. It emphasis on energy, beginning with Kinematics and dynamics, and including on units on oscillatory motion, electric and magnetic energy , atomic and planetary systems and heat.
- 1. Understand the importance of measurement and the SI units of physical quantities
- 2. Make accurate calculations
- 3. Appreciate the difference between kinematic and dynamic of a particle
- 4. Be familiar with the various effects of forces
- 5. appreciate the universal applicability of the laws of dynamics and the conservation of Momentum
- 6. Understand the significance of the concept of energy
- 7. Be aware of the application of hydrostatics in everyday life. Be aware of the concept mechanical wave and fluid mechanic
Books for this Course
- 1. Modern Physics, Holt,Rinehart and Winston
- 2. Modern Physics, Raymond A.Serway and John W.Jewett.Jr
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...