24158 Teaching Methodology of Mathematics
Background of mathematics, what is mathematics?, goals and objectives of mathematics education, psychological bases for teaching and learning of mathematics, planning and teaching mathematics lessons, the contents of secondary school mathematics, approaches to teaching students mathematics.
- On successful completion of the course, the learner should be able to:
- 1. Understand concept of mathematics, its Importance as a Discipline ;
- 2. Explain Issues in the Teaching and Learning of Mathematics in Schools ;
- 3. Classify The goals and Objectives of Teaching Mathematics at the Primary and Secondary Levels;
- 4. Identifying psychological bases for teaching mathematics; 5. Plan Teaching Activities in Mathematics; 6. Uplying Some methods that can be employed in the Teaching of Mathematics,and 7. Identify Laboratory Approach of teaching Mathematics
Books for this Course
- 1. Multiple Methods of Teaching Mathematics in Elementary Schools, d'Augustinie, 2nd edition
- 2. Elementary Mathematics for teachers, Devine, Donald&Jerome
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...