24157 Quantum Mechanics
Topic include: Fundamentals of quantum mechanics (Classical theory and experiments, de-proglie theory, Schrödinger’s equation, concept of an operator, physical interpretation of a wave function, electro diffraction, postulates of quantum mechanics, average values of functions and operators, uncertainty principles), Values and energy operator, quantum numbers, two particle systems, principle quantum number, degeneracy, elementary perturbation theory, spin, direct theory of the electron.
- 1. able to understand The wave particle duality of photons and electrons
- 2. to know The probabilistic nature of the wave function
- 3. be familiar The use of the time independent Schroedinger Equation to quantize the energies of “particles in boxes”
- 4. be familiar How quantum mechanics can explain chemical bonding
- 5. to know The fundamental differences between classical, Fermi
- 6. be familiar Dirac and Bose Einstein statistics
- 7. To give an accurate model for the behavior of matter at microscopic scales; quantum mechanics is necessary for the accurate description of microscopic systems, but we are also gaining more and more evidence that it is necessary for larger systems as well, provided we can control and measure them accurately.
Books for this Course
- Quantum Mechanics, Eugen Merzbacher, 2nd edition
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...