24153 Electromagnetic Theory
This course provides a detailed treatment of electricity and magnetism.
Topics include: Electrostatic fields, Coulomb’s law, Electric depole. Linear electric quadripole, Potential energy of charge distribution, Energy density, Electric polarization, Electric susceptibility, Laplace’s and Poisson’s equations, Magnetic fields, Magnetic induction, The Biot Savart Law, Movement in magnetic field, Ampere’s circuital Law, Faraday’s induction Law, Self induction, Magnetic torgue, Magnetic susceptibility, Maxwell’s equations, Propagation of electromagnetic waves, plane waves in infinite media, Reflection and refraction, and guided waves.
- 1. understand electrostatic phenomena
- 2. understand the ways in which electricity is conducted
- 3. understand electrical quantities and the relations between them
- 4. have a working knowledge of electrical circuits and components
- 5. be aware of the applications of electronics in technology
- 6. understand the simple phenomena associated with magnets
- 7. have a working knowledge of electromagnetic phenomena
Books for this Course
- lectromagnetic Field&Waves, Paul Lorrain&Dale R.Corson, 2nd eddition
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...