24152 Physics (2)
This course is an introduction to thermodynamics and the electromagnetics
Topics include: Temperature, thermal expansion, thermal energy, heat transfer, ideal gases, changes of phases, electrostatics fields, capacitance, electric currents, electrochemistry, thermo electricity.
- 1. be familiar with the development of the theory of heat
- 2. understand the difference between temperature and heat
- 3. be aware the effect of heat and phase change of the matters; specially the ideal gas
- 4. Relate macroscopic phenomena to the kinetic theory of matter
- 5. understand the various modes of thermal energy transfer
- 6. Have a conceptual understanding of introduction of electricity; and how the material can be electrified.
- 7. Be aware type of current and how it is generated, and source of current.
- 8. Understand the capacitors and its combination
Books for this Course
- Elements of Physics,George Shortley&Dudley Williams, 5th edition