24151 Physics (1)
This course is an introduction to classical mechanics.
Topics include: units, kinematics and dynamics of particle, work, energy and power, momentum, rotational motion, static, elastic properties of matter wave, motion, sound and fluid mechanics.
- On completion of this course, students should:
- 1. Understand the importance of measurement and the SI units of physical quantities
- 2. Make accurate calculations
- 3. Appreciate the difference between kinematic and dynamic of a particle;
- 4. Be familiar with the various effects of forces;
- 5. appreciate the universal applicability of the laws of dynamics and the conservation of Momentum;
- 6. Understand the significance of the concept of energy;
- 7. Be aware of the application of hydrostatics in everyday life.
- 8. Be aware of the concept mechanical wave and fluid mechanic.
Books for this Course
- Elements of Physics,George Shortley&Dudley Williams, 5th edition