24141 Differential Equation (1)
Topics include: First order differential equations(Basic idea and the terminology of DE, separable DE, first order linear DE, change of variables, exact DE), second ordered linear DE(reduction of order, second order homogenous with constant coefficients linear DE, linear second order non-homogeneous).
- Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to
- • classify differential equations by order, linearity, and homogeneity
- • solve first order linear differential equations
- • solve linear equations with constant coefficients
- • use separation of variables to solve differential equations
- • solve exact differential equations
- • use variation of parameters to solve differential equations
- • use the method of undetermined coefficients to solve differential equations
- • determine whether a system of functions is linearly independent using the Wronksian
- • model real-life applications using differential equations
- • use power series to solve differential equations
Books for this Course
- Differential Equations and linear Algebra, Stephen W. Good, 2nd edition
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...