24134 Methods of Statistics (1)
Topics include: Organization of quantitative data and its representations(frequency, tables, and diagrams), selecting class intervals for the grouped data, short-cut method for calculating the mean, the median,and the mode for ungrouped and the grouped data), measure of dispersion(mean deviation), coefficient of mean deviations, standard deviation, short-cut method for calculating standard deviation, combining standard deviation of two or more distributions, variance, coefficient of variance).
- At the end of this course, students will be able to:-
- 1. Construct and explain frequency distribution tables(eg. Frequency, relative frequency, cumulative frequency and relative cumulative frequency distribution), apply frequency diagrams (eg. Histrogram frequency, polygon, line graph, Ogive, Stem and leaf diagram, bar graphs, and Pie chart), analyze how the area under the curve is related to the relative frequency and hence to the probability, describe the nature of the distribution.
- 2. Explain the use of index numbers, work with summation notation, define and compute measures of locations (eg. Mean, Median, Mode, Percentiles and Quartiles).
- 3. Explain the concept of Variation and compute measures of dispersion, (eg. Range, mean deviation, variance and standard deviation), define the concept of variability exists between two distributions, compute Z-Score or Standard Scores .
- 4. Decide whether two variables are related through scatter diagram, use coefficient correlation as a measure of strength of the relationship that exists between two variables, determine reliability of r , use least square method to construct estimated regression line, have the concept of multiple regression.
Books for this Course
- 1.Statistics Concepts&Applications, David R.Anderson,Dennis J.Sweeney and Thomas A.Williams
- 2.An Introduction to Statistical Mehtods, CB Gupta&Vijay Gupta
- 3.Statistics Concepts&Applications, Harry Frank&Steven C.Althoen
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...