24133 Set Theory & Logic
Topics include: Propositions, operations of logic and truth tables, logical equivalence, concepts: inverse, converse, contrapositive, tautology, formal proofs for validity of arguments, Venn diagrams and arguments, basic notations of set theory, operations on sets, properties of operations on sets, power set, Boolean algebra.
- An important goal of the Discrete Mathematics is to develop student’s ability to think abstractly, this requires that students learn to use logically valid forms of argument. Students will get fundamental concepts about sets such as, operations on sets, properties of operations on sets, and Boolean algebra.
Books for this Course
- 1. A consise introduction to Logic, Palrick J.Hurley, 7th edition
- 2. Sets: Naïve, Axiomatic&Applied, D.Vand Dalen,H.C.Doets&H.Deswart
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...