24131 Vector Analysis
Algebra of vectors, geometry of vectors, vector differentiation and integration, gradient, divergence and curl, line integrals[tangential line integral, line integral dependent on path(same end point), independent of path, theoremson the line integrals]
- Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- 1. Perform standard operations on vectors in two-dimensional space and three dimensional space
- 2. Compute the dot product of vectors, lengths of vectors, and angles between vectors
- 3. Compute the cross product of vectors and interpret it geometrically
- 4. Determine the equations of lines and planes using vectors 5. Identify various quadric surfaces through their equations 6. Define vector functions of one real variable and sketch space curves 7. Compute derivatives and integrals of vector functions 8. Find the velocity and acceleration of a particle moving along a space curve 9. Calculate the gradients and directional derivatives of functions of several
Books for this Course
- Vector&Tensor Analysis for Scientistis and Engineers,Prof.Dr.Nawazish Ali Shah,2nd edition
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...