24127 Calculus (1)
Topics include: Limits and continuity(Definition of limits, theorems of limits, one side limit, continuous function),the derivatives(definitions of derivatives, rules of finding of derivatives, increments and differentials, the chain rule, implicit differentiation, the derivatives of algebra functions, higher order derivatives) Applications of derivatives(local extremes of functions, Rolle’s theorem, the first derivative test, horizontal and vertical asymptotes, application of extrema, the derivative as a rate of change, related rates, antiderivatives).
- At the end of this course, students should be able to 1. Describe Limits and Continuity ( Definition of limits, theorems of limits and continuous functions).
- Understand derivative of functions( Definition of derivative, rules of finding derivatives, increments and differentials, the chain rule, implicit differentiation, the derivatives of algebraic functions and higher order derivatives)
- Use Applications of derivatives (eg. Local extremes of functions, Roles theorem, the first derivative test, horizontal and vertical asymptotes) 4. Deal with the problems relating with the rate of change and related rates.
Books for this Course
- Culculus with Analytic Geometry(Alternative Edition), Earl W.Swokowski
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...