Topics include: Relation, functions and their graphs, the natural Logarithms, the exponential, and the polynomial functions, conic sections,and quadratic equations, Limits of infinite sequences, sums of infinite series, Mathematical indection, real numbers and the real lines, coordinates, lines and increments.
- At the end of this course, students should be able to 1. Understand the concepts of relation and functions
- Sketch the graphs of Linear and Quadratic Functions
- Describe Logarithmic and Exponential Functions 4. Define Polynomial functions, and grasp Factor and Remainder Theorems. 5. Understand Equations with second degrees; Circle, Ellipse, Parabola and Hyperbola 6. Understand what is meant by Sequence and Series? 7. Describe what real number system consist of and sketching the numbers on real lines. 8. Deal with problems relating to Coordinates and lines(eg. Plotting points on Cartesian plane, increments of x and y, Slope of a line, midpoint of a segment, distance formula, Equations of a line and Distance from a point to a line)
Books for this Course
- 1. Mohamed Abdullahi's Notes of Precalculus
- 2. Advanced Mathematics A Pre-Calculus Course, Richard G.Brown and David P.Robbins