2116 Introduction to General Psychology
Definition and scope of psychology, growth and development, learning, remembering, intelligence and creativity, attitudes, attitude and interests, emotions.
- On successful completion of the course the learner should be able to:
- 1. Define the concept of psychology;
- 2. Describe four approaches to the study of psychology;
- 3. List some concepts in psychology
- 4. Identify the specialties in psychology;
- 5. Discuss how psychologists develop and test theirtheories ;
- 6. Define the concept of intelligence;
- 7. Explain the basis of individual differences in intelligence;
- 8. Discuss the situational and environmental influence on behavior;
- 9. Describe how psychology can be applied to policing;
- 10. Explain what perception is;
- 11. Describe impression formation;
- 12. Specify important factors in person perception and impression Formation;
- 13. Explain the concept of personality trait inferences about what the person is like;
- 14. Discuss the causes of behavior;
- 15. Discuss behaviour modification,and
- 16. Explain the concept of human aggression.
Books for this Course
- Introduction to General Psychology, Dr.C.George Doeree
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...